Indoor Air Quality affects us all.
It’s important to stay informed for the well-being of everyone in your home. Research conducted by the EPA, American Lung Association and Utility Companies shows the following to the right.
- Indoor air quality can be 100 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- 45% of the population suffers from respiratory problems.
- Childhood Asthma is increasing at an alarming rate.
- We spend as much as 90% of our time indoors.
- Up to 35% of heating and cooling costs are caused by leaky ducts.
- 80% of homeowners do not control indoor humidity levels.
- Viruses, mold, pollen, bacteria, dust mites and other biological contaminants build up and breed in your air conditioning and heating system.
- It is estimated that 50% of all respiratory illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.